Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas 2010

It snowed and snowed on Christmas Eve. Ellie had fun watching the snowplows all day, baking cookies for Santa and playing outside. This was our first big snowfall of winter and I think we got about 8-10 inches that day.



Taking baby Annie for a ride down the sidewalk






Our family as snowmen (with the real Ellie standing by!). Look closely at Katelyn's leaf mohawk haha!

I was so excited for Christmas morning because this year Ellie completely understood the whole Santa thing. I thought she'd be overjoyed ripping open her presents that magically appeared under the tree overnight. However the early morning venture out to the livingroom was a very different story.


Ellie's hair reflects the 5:30 gift opening time!

She was excited to open each present but after finding out what was inside she looked at it and gently tossed it to the side without any reaction at all! Everything she got was something she had talked about wanting so it's not like Santa brought bad gifts! Kevin and I just looked at each other and laughed.


The only thing Katelyn wanted for her first Christmas was the shiny bows and wrapping paper to eat- yuck!


The girls all ready to go to Grandma's house in Elkader.


The girls with some of the little cousins, what a group!

Opening presents at Grandma's was exactly like it was at our house. My mom was so anxious to see her face when she opened her new Woody doll (that I told her she would LOVE!). Instead, Ellie opened it and slowly dropped it on the floor. Oh boy, what a kid. Well, later in the day she got to love all her new things and Woody is the favorite by far. She now has all the saying memorized!


Driving Uncle Brad's snowplow got the most excited response and I think it was her favorite part of Christmas day! She got to drive up and down the alley and put the plow up and down....the gift that has no planning is the best of all!


My favorite gift of Christmas was Katelyn's Raggedy Ann. Aunt Jane had her made soon after we found out we were having a girl. She told me when she was done with it and how much she loved the fabric she found for her. Fabric was the most important to Jane and if she didn't find just the exact right thing, she'd keep looking! It was pretty hard to hold back the tears when John brought the gift for her. It is so special and something she can treasure. Katelyn of course loves it, like all the kids do, with the big black button eyes and all that bright red yarn!

After 4 days in Elkader we went home and repacked. Then Thursday we headed up to MN to visit Grandma & Grandpa Schmidt. The girls both did great on the drive up, whew. We had a very nice long weekend with the family up there. The girls both got many more gifts. Ellie's favorite from up there? Toy Story 3 the movie. We have now watched it about 12 times and she has many of the lines memorized. It was a Toy Story Christmas for her! In fact, we haven't been able to call her Ellie the past few days. "I'm Jessie. Call me Jessie." "Ok" I say.
"No. Say ok, Jessie." Ellie responds. haha


Daddy, Ellie & Great-Grandma Schmidt working on a new Disney puzzle


Katelyn and Grandpa are all smiles!

What have we been up to other than Christmas? Well, Katelyn started out December like this...



and a couple weeks later, ta-da!!



On January 1st my baby girl turned six moths old! She is growing so fast, I still can't believe it. Katelyn is really starting to get some personality. She is so happy smiling and laughing all the time. She squeals now to get our attention then giggles at herself! She had her 6 mo check-up with our awesome Dr. Rick and weighed 16lb. 9oz. and was 26 1/2" long. Hanging out right in the 65%...way to go baby! Here are some of her six month pictures we took yesterday.



This was my dress when I was 6 months old. I took Ellie's pic in it when she was a baby, too.


Ellie's cardiology appointment is January 26th. Please say some prayers for everything to be stable. I have a strange feeling, which doesn't happen every time. Cross your fingers that I'm totally off. We'll update the cp after her appointment. I hope to post good news :)

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good Christmas! I'll have to tell you about Carter's reaction to his kitchen from Santa. It was pretty funny. My niece, Sydney, sounds just like Ellie when it comes to opening Christmas gifts. She'd look at it for a minute, no real reaction, then put it down and onto the next. Ha ha!! We'll have to get together to play next week with all the new toys. Talk to you soon!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Heidi! You do such a great job! We will keep sweet Ellie in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logan was that same way with gifts until this Christmas. He got so darn excited with each gift. It is funny though watching them just toss them aside after opening them like they are thinking, "that was a wasted gift, like I'm really going to play with that." LOL!!

    Glad you had a great Christmas. Will be praying for Ellie's cardio check up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you all had a great Christmas! Your girls are SO adorable!! We'll be praying for Ellie's appointment...I hate that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Our girls are soo much alike. Since Christmas Olivia's name has been "Santa." She will tell us to say things like, "Oooh, I love your new present, Santa." And if we forget the santa part she corrects us just like Ellie!

    I love all the pics. The one of the girls in the basin is sooooo cute!

    Glad to see you guys had a great Christmas. Can't wait to see you tomorrow to catch up!

    ReplyDelete