I usually leave the posting to Heidi, but thought that I had some news to share.
I received a much appreciated phone call yesterday evening. I hadn't heard from my best friend from college in a few weeks and was even thinking about giving him a call later in the day or even over the weekend to catch up and see how things have been going for him and his family. When the phone rang and I saw who it was I was excited and even had that little feeling of whoa how did he know I was thinking of calling. It was Justin Wyse, who may I add left me with only his brother to hang out with here in CR as he moved to St. Louis. We usually talk for a while catching up on what each has been up to and to make sure our two families are both doing well, but this time was different. There was still the "how have you been" and "how is everyone else", but this time the response wasn't the same. He had something to tell me and it wasn't good. He called to let me know that he has been diagnosed with Testicular Cancer and was going to have surgery only about 20 hours from when he called. I am very grateful he called, as I know he didn't have to but he did. I'm thankful he is my friend, I'd do just about anything for him as I'm sure he would do the same for me. So, I ask that all of you pray for Justin and his family as they embark down a road with may paths and some steep hills along the way.
So Justin, Angie, Logan, and Baby Girl Wyse, know that we are all thinking of you and that you are great friends. We hope to see you soon.
I'd like to add that I have received a text which was around 8pm, it said surgery went well and he was headed home. I have no other details at this time, but again please keep Justin and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
Kevin
You guys, I'm so sorry to hear this crushing news. I can't imagine your stomach when you heard those words, Kevin. We are praying for Justin and his family. Praying that Justin gets rid of all of the cancer, and for his family to be able to support him and endure this with him as well as they can.
ReplyDeleteLove ya guys~
Ani
Kevin-
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing this news. What devistating news. It is so sad they live so close to us and we never talk or see each other. Please let them know we are thinking and praying for them.